Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quote of the Day: Madison

I would like to start a quote of the day. I hope I keep up with this and I would like to focus on the views of our founding fathers and other great thinkers.

"As long as the reason of man continues fallible, and he is at liberty to exercise it, different opinions will be formed." - James Madison

My Perspective:

This simple statement shows the function of liberty in a society. It is true that some people in a free society will make bad decisions and may use illogical reasoning to justify their act. But as long as we are truly free to exercise ourselves and free to watch others and see what works, we will come to newer and better conclusions without the need for an oppressive and authoritarian government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share on Facebook